Tankless Water HeatersRegina Residential & Commercial Plumbers Regina
Tankless or On-Demand Water Heaters
We offer a high performance condensing tankless water heater
that utilizes the existing ½” gas pipelines.
Tankless or on-demand water heaters heat water only when it’s needed.
Eliminating the need for a storage tank. As well as the standby losses associated with maintaining a tank full of hot water.
Most tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of about 20 years. Much longer than any conventional tank-type water heater. They also end the risk of tank leaks and water damage.
Since 2006, Navien, Inc. has become one of the fastest growing companies in the home comfort sector in North America and is now a leader in condensing technology, providing:
condensing tankless water heaters,
How It Tankless Water Heater Works
When you turn on the hot water tap, cold water is drawn through a pipe into the unit and heated. Either by an electric heating element or a gas burner.
The hot water never runs out, but the flow rate may be limited. Tankless water heaters deliver hot water at a rate of 2 – 5 gallons per minute. Gas-fired models will generally have higher flow rates than electric models.
Advantages and Disadvantages Tankless Water HeatersChoose the right tankless water heater for your needs
Advantages of on-demand water heating include:
- Tankless water heaters are compact in size. Taking up less space than conventional tank type water heaters
- They can drop standby losses. Energy wasted when hot water cools down in long pipe runs or while it’s sitting in the storage tank.
- By providing hot water immediately where it’s used. Tankless water heaters waste less water. You don’t need to let the water run as you wait for hot water to reach a remote faucet.
- A tankless water heater can provide unlimited hot water. As long as it is operating within its capacity.
- The expected life of tankless water heaters is 20 years, compared to 10 to 15 years for tank type water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters usually can’t supply enough hot water for simultaneous uses. Such as showers and laundry. Be sure to find the right model to handle more.
- Unless the system is equipped with a modulating temperature control. It may not heat water to a constant temperature at different flow rates. That means that water temperatures can fluctuate. Particularly if the water pressure varies in different parts of the house.
- Electric tankless water heaters need a high electric power draw. Because water must be heated quickly to the desired temperature. In some cases, the home’s electric service may need to be upgraded.
- Tankless gas water heaters must be vented to the outdoors. Either with a direct vent or conventional exhaust flue.
If a gas-powered unit has a pilot light, it can waste energy.
Which Size Tankless Water
Heater Do I Need?
Not sure what size tankless water heater you need for your home?
Download the Navisizer app
Need Variety to install a Tankless Water Heater?Fill out the form below to book Variety Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical.
Need an Appointment?
In a hurry? Book an appointment online or by calling 306.537.0413. A representative will review your request and get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your appointment.
Residential and Commercial
- Fixture replacement (faucets, tubs and toilet)
- Dishwasher Installs
- Basement Rough-ins
- Water and Drain Lines
- Water Heaters
- Tank-less Water Heaters
- Sheet Metal Work
- Back-flow Testing and Installs
Gas Installs and Repairs
- Gas Dryers
- Gas Stoves
- Gas BBQ Hookups
- Gas Furnaces & Boilers
- Underground Gas Lines
- Gas Fireplaces
Water and Sewer Repairs
- Leaking Pipes
- Sewer and Stacks
- Sink and Tub Drains
- Under Slab Sewer and Water
Furnaces and Air Conditioning
- Furnace Replacements
- Furnace Inspections
- Furnace Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installs
- Air Conditioning Repairs